LAW OFFICE OF CHRISTINA FORBES
Planning ahead: wills, powers of attorney, trusts, advance directives
Disability: guardianships and conservatorships: support and care for those who can't care for themselves
Probate: with a will (testate) or without a will (intestate),
navigating the unfortunately complicated process of transferring the
property of a decedent as they wanted to his or her survivors or as the
- We are devoted to our clients' stated objectives and their needs.
- We focus on achieving the best results possible in a given situation.
- We emphasize what is possible, what is lawful, and the strategies to reach a client's goals or to meet their needs.
- We work collaboratively with clients.
- A good client is a satisfied and happy client.
- We counsel clients on how to assure their later lives, leave what they want to their children or charities or others.
- We help to manage wards' lives to the extent that they cannot do so themselves. This includes
- Assuring that they receive all possible support, whether
governmental, educational, medical, from their own savings, and from
- Managing their finances, if necessary
- Organizing their medical support and care
- Managing property, obtaining mortgages, selling property.
- We litigate against the bad guys:
- Against those who have taken advantage of the vulnerable
- Against those who need to support those in need
- Against the big institutions that see too big a picture and ride roughshod over an individual
- We work with families and caretaking professionals who are
preparing for end of life and for families when a member has
- our objective is to do as the person wishes, whenever that can be known
- and if we can't know what a person would have wanted, to achieve as dignified and natural a death as possible
- we also attend to all matters for those who die without family or friends
- we do all possible to discern what a person would have wanted for their funeral and burial and make all arrangements
- this includes searching for distant relatives, reading through deeds